The web hosting industry is not an eco-friendly industry. Just think about the amount of power that is needed to power the servers at all the data centres. In fact, studies have shown that the web hosting industry will have a carbon footprint as big as that of the airline industry in year 2020.
GreenGeeks, launched in 2006, is a web hosting company that is making an effort to rectify this. How does GreenGeeks do this? For each unit of energy consumed, GreenGeeks purchases three units of wind-powered energy and send them back to the power grid to offset its carbon footprint.
Besides being eco-friendly, GreenGeeks offers features that allow customers to get their websites up and running as easy as possible.
Unlimited hosting capacity – All web hosting accounts at GreenGeeks come with unlimited capacity such as unlimited disk storage, bandwidth, domain hosting, email accounts, ftp accounts, and MySQL databases.
User-friendly control panel – Customers at GreenGeeks have access to the popular and very user-friendly cPanel control panel. They can manage their websites, including adding new domains or installing new website scripts such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc, easily using cPanel.
Recommended Drupal hosting – GreenGeeks has been selected by Drupal professionals as the best Drupal hosting. In fact, it is listed in the hosting recommendation section of the book Drupal for Dummies.
Daily backup – All hosting accounts are backed up daily. If something goes wrong, customers can restore their data easily using the backup tool.
Top quality equipment – GreenGeeks’ Supermicro rackmountable servers are powered by Intel Quad Core Xeon processors, 24GB DDR3 RAM, 100Mbps connection to the network switches and BGP4 Gigabit backbone connection, and RAID-10 Storage Arrays. Together with the fully redundant and top of the line network gear, they provide the customers with maximum performance.
World-class data centers – GreekGeeks’ data centers are secured and reliable. To reduce the chances of power failure, the data centres have dual-city grid power feeds. This means that their power comes from two different power grids. In addition to that, the data centers are equipped with battery backup and on-site diesel generator. To prevent fire, an FM 200 server-safe fire suppression system is installed at the data centers. This system has an early pre-fire detection mechanism that detects a fire before it can do much damage to the servers. Furthermore, the data centers are secured by a biometric and key card security system, and rack-level locking mechanism.
GreenGeeks offers three types of hosting.
1) Shared hosting – For as low as $4.95/month, customers get all the features mentioned above plus a lot more.
2) Reseller hosting – For entrepreneurs who would like to start their own web hosting services, GreenGeeks offers 5 reseller hosting plans, all come with unlimited disk space and bandwidth. The prices are based on the number of accounts resold.
- Seed – 10 accounts – starts at $0.01 for the first month and then $19.95/month afterwards.
- Sprout – 25 accounts – $24.95/month.
- Plant – 50 accounts – $39.95/month.
- Tree – 100 accounts – $59.95/month
- Forest – 250 accounts – $99.95/month.
3) Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting – For customers who like to have guaranteed system resources, GreenGeeks offers 5 different VPS hosting plans:
- For $39.95/month, customers get 25GB of storage, 500GB bandwidth, 2Ghz CPU power, and 512MB memory.
- For $49.95/month, customers get 50GB storage, 750GB bandwidth, 2Ghz CPU power, and 768MB memory.
- For $79.95/month, customers get 75GB storage, 1000GB bandwidth, 2Ghz CPU power, and 1GB memory.
- For $99.95/month, customers get 125GB storage, 1,500GB bandwidth, 2Ghz CPU power, and 2GB memory.
Hostgator is the most popular hosting provider services and largest privately owned company in the world. It has now more than 8 million domains and 12,000 servers under management. Over 500 companies, including 200 countries and more than 400,000 satisfied customers depend on Hostgator for their business requirements. The resons why should you go with Hostgator are as follows:
• Hostgator has a world class SoftLayer datacenter, which range from 22,000 to over 78,000 square feet. The place is having high class power supply system and uses HVAC technology. It will ensure your data safety.
• A dedicated team for software monitoring to guarantee that all servers are up 24×7.
• Unlimited features at very low cost. Just on the amount of $3.96/month, they offer unlimited storage, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited Email account, 99.9% uptime, and unlimited transfer bandwidth. If you are unsatisfied with any feature then you can claim 45 days money back guarantee.
• Free site builder tools which includes 52 website building scripts, over 4,500 free templates, and free shopping cart software.
• 24 hour customer support to sort out all queries in timely manner, live chat system, countless videos tutorials and forum questions are already available on the official website.
The complete process can be divided into following two steps:
1. Generating Database details
2. Installing WordPress manually
1. Generating Database details:
• Login your cPanel and from Database block and click on MySQL Databases.
• Create a new database and provide a name to it. ‘demo’ is given in the following example.
• Create a new database user. In MySQL user, select a new database user and provide the name and password for this. Remember this entry as it will be used again in WordPress Installation.
Set up your WordPress site with HostGator now – click here to set up your WordPress site or blog with Host Gator
• Now provide this user privileges. You will be redirected to a window and select “All Privileges”
• Now select this user to manage your already created Database. Go to “Add user to Database”, choose from the database name and user and the click on Add.
This will complete the database creation. Now you need to add a domain if you have not created yet.
Uploading WordPress Files:
Now you can visit your “File Manager” section of your domain.
If you don’t have WordPress files then you can simply download it from official WordPress website and only in .zip format. Save it in your PC.
Now on File Manager window click on Upload Button. It will open a new Tab and select your WordPress zip file to upload from here.
Once file has been completed then extract the zip file by selecting the file and clicking on Extract from the top panel. It will then ask you to select the path where files are to be extracted. Don’t make any changes and click on Extract Files.
After the process complete, a folder might be created with the name wordpress. Move this folder to the main domain folder. Open the wordpress folder and then click on Select All then click on move. A pop will appear then chose the main domain path and click on Move Files.
It will move all the wordpress files to main domain so that you can install the WordPress on main domain. After that you can delete the previous wordpress folder and make it empty.
Installing WordPress manually:
• After completing the above step, you have uploaded the required thing to install WordPress. Now you need to create a config file. This can be done in two ways: either edit the wp-config.php file in WordPress or simply type your hosting URL and it will ask to “Create a Configuration File.” (Refer the image below)
• Fill out the information regarding your database you just created like Database name, Database username and Database password. Click on Submit after completion.
If all the information is correct then you will be prompt to “Run the Install” message. Click on the message and provide the login information for your WordPress Dashboard. This will complete the WordPress Installation on Hostgator.
Set up your WordPress site with HostGator now – click here to set up your WordPress site or blog with Host Gator
Watch the review of Web Hosting Buzz web hosting video by WebHostingReviewPlanet.com. See how to get more information on Web Hosting Buzz below.
These are the list of top web hosting companies in India with their basic details as comparison. The list gives you the top web hosts in India. Compare the hosting companies and decide for yourself. We feel that the top hosting company in India is Host Gator at HostGator.com.
1. GoDaddy India:
GoDaddy is really the daddy service of domain hosting business all across the world. It has over 10 million customers and 53 million domains all over the world. In India they are offering 4th Generation Hosting service, Dedicated India phone support along with local phone numbers, unlimited bandwidth and accept payments through Cash Cards, Mobile Payment and Net Banking too. Go Daddy is definitely a company that is here to stay.
Bigrock is a part of Directi group, a leading company for hosting related products. It offers India based server, payment options are; Debit Card, Credit Card, Direct Bank Deposit, Draft & Cheque, Internet Banking and PayPal, unlimited email, disk space, domains, 24/7 email/phone/chat support for customers and 30 days money back guarantee.
3. Hostgator India:
Hostgator needs no introduction as a web hosting company. It came in India in year 2011, offering India’s only tier 4 data center, 45 days money back guarantee, unlimited disk space, email accounts and bandwidth. Payment options are direct bank transfer, net banking, and credit card and debit card. Host Gator is one of our top picks.
Hosting Raja is another popular hosting provider in India. It’s simple plan offers 500MB of web space, 5GB data transfer, 2 FTP accounts and 10 Email address. Additionally Hosting Raja provides free website builder tool and a free domain name.
More Information – Hostgator India:
Hostgator is currently internationally hosting around 8 million websites, 12,000 servers and is serving businesses since 2002. They are really great in their pricing, support and reliability. In India, Hostgator came in year 2011. It is using India’s only tire IV Ctrl’s data center which is situated at Hyderabad city. To make your web hosting payment easily they are offering direct bank transfer, credit and debit card payment, and internet banking. Hostgator is ready to accept payments in Indian currency that is Rupees (Rs.)
Features offered by Hostgator India:
• Unlimited disk space.
• Easy to use cPanel.
• Unlimited band width, FTP accounts, Email accounts and Sub Domains.
• Server is located in India for faster access time.
• 4,500 Website templates.
• Free website builder and building tools.
• 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
• There is no contract with 45 days money back guarantee.
• Password protected directories
• Unlimited MySQL database and phpMyAdmin access.
• Web based File Manager.
• 52 free script and applications are ready to install in one click.
• Supports CGI, PHP 5, RoR, Fast CGI, SSI, and Python etc.
• Free website transfer, script transfer and Domain transfer.
• Website analysis tools like Webalizer, Raw log manager, and Error logs etc.
This is the overview of the best hosting companies available in India and surely anyone can find more than this list. But among all, the Hostgator is the one offering the best hosting services and tools. In very less cost they are ready to offer a huge amount of hosting services and tools. It is very secure, reliable, and easy to manage. Their customer support service is also much effective and hosting support all updated scripting language. Above all else do your research and decide what hosting company is right for you! They are all different so find the hosting company that will meet your needs.
When you will get the domain, you will surely need to get a web hosting for your web site, which will allow you to publish your website to the internet. Getting a web site on-line for the first time will appear a little scary task. There are lots of new technical terms are introducing in the market that you will surely heard about and you will have to understand them properly. Particularly when it comes to web hosting.
Before you will be able to get a web site on-line, you will got to get an internet server to put store your web site on so it may accessible to viewers on the web. Since internet servers square measure terribly pricey, the greatest sometimes simply lease an internet server through a corporation that gives an internet hosting service. Hence, the primary step to obtaining your web site on-line is to shop for internet hosting.
We know there are thousand of top web hosts companies that offer lot of web hosting plans at different prices, as web hosting service has become affordable, that’s why it is becoming more difficult to choose best one from dozens. When you are looking for buying a web hosting for your business, it is essential to know 3 things properly; website requirements, traffic, and website performance.
The other thing to look is website’s traffic. Website traffic is the most important aspect in hosting. There is a limit on the number of visitors your website can receive. That’s the main reason so many companies offers a lot of plans include unlimited bandwidth and disk space.
The last thing you have to check performance of your website. There are many web companies that offer better performance and reliability than others. It also depends upon the type of website you have. If your site is for business purpose, then you will surely go for a high performance web host service. Performance is always the main thing that every web-masters have in web hosting. So it is very important to buy from a high quality web hosting company.
ApprovedHosts.com recently awarded HostMetro, based in Schaumburg, Illinois, for Best Web Hosting. HostMetro offers very affordable shared hosting services with all the features that are needed to run a website.
Top of the line equipment – At HostMetro, all websites – from personal blogs to online business websites, are hosted on top quality brand name equipment. All servers are from Supermicro, built with Intel Xeon processors and solid state hard drives with RAID protection. These top quality servers offer high and reliable performance to all users.
Top quality data center – To ensure that all websites hosted at HostMetro can perform at their highest speed, HostMetro has built the fastest network connections at their world-class data center. They also guarantee that their uptime is 99.9%, which means that websites hosted at HostMetro are almost always accessible.
User-friendly control panel – Each hosting account at HostMetro comes with the cPanel hosting control panel. This control panel allows users to manage and configure their hosting environment easily. Some features of cPanel include: manage email accounts, manage domains including add-on domains and subdomains, access backup/restore tool and other tools, etc. Users can also install scripts easily with the cPanel control panel. For example, installing the popular content management platform WordPress involves just a few clicks.
Reliable backup – For anyone who owns a website, having a good backup of the whole website is very important. When something happens to a website, for example, when it is hacked, sometimes the fastest way to get it up and running is to restore the website from backup. At HostMetro, all hosting accounts are backed up automatically each week. If you prefer more frequent backups, you can set that up easily using the backup tool that is included in cPanel.
Award winning customer support – HostMetro’s award winning customer support is what makes it stands out from the crowd. The main goal of HostMetro is to make every customer happy and they do this by having a team of friendly and helpful customer support representatives. Their customer support representatives are experienced and knowledgeable in web hosting, and can be reached 24/7.
HostMetro offers 3 different web hosting plans:
1. Mega Max Hosting – For as low as $3.49 per month, customers get max hosting space and bandwidth. They can also host up to 5 domains with unlimited email accounts. Furthermore, it comes with a free domain name with privacy protection.
2. Ultra Max Hosting – For as low as $5.49 per month, customers get all the Mega Max features mentioned above plus some more features including the ability to host unlimited domains, free SSL certificate for one year, free dedicated IP for one year, free SEO submission, and one free script installation.
3. Business Max Hosting – For as low as $12.49 per month, customers get all the Ultra Max Hosting features plus a free SSL certificate for life, a free dedicated IP for life, free SiteLock security scan, free SEO consultation and five free script installations.
All 3 web hosting plans come with HostMetro’s Metro Max Guarantee, which includes no price prices increases – even when customers renew their accounts! If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with the hosting services offered by HostMetro, don’t worry because each hosting account with HostMetro comes with a 45-day money back guarantee.
The online world is growing rapidly. With that, the number of malware that targets websites, often time websites of small businesses, has also increased dramatically. Sometimes these small websites are being targeted because they can be used as a launching pad for further attacks to other websites. For small businesses, especially those who do their businesses solely online, these malware attacks are costly. They lead to loss of customers, staff productivity, and even blacklisting by Google.
To help small businesses defend themselves against malware attack, 6Scan – a leader in website security for small businesses that is based in Tel Aviv, Israel, launched a website scanner service in January 2013. This website scanner not only scan the websites for vulnerability, but also repair them and remove any malware found.
Dual Scan – 6Scan’s Dual Scan feature extends the scanning capabilities of its old product, a plugin for the popular content management platform WordPress, to all websites running on Apache Web servers. The Dual Scan technology is a proactive approach to website security. It performs real-time scan on websites for malware and vulnerabilities that can potentially harm them, and delivers a detailed report with instructions for the user to fix the vulnerabilities manually afterwards. This Dual Scan feature is free to use.
Auto-fix – For paid customers, when the 6Scan website vulnerability scanner finds a malware on a website, the Auto-Fix feature kicks in immediately and tries to resolve the problem. It does this through a method called virtual patching, which intercepts user requests and modifies them such as known vulnerabilities cannot be exploited. It doesn’t modify the original files on the website. To use this feature, users have to install a small agent script on their web servers.
Additional Security – 6Scan offers a web application firewall to its customers. This firewall blocks out threats by comparing suspicious codes to codes of known malware. If the patterns match, then the suspicious codes are flagged as potential threats. Users who are more advanced and want more control over the security of their websites can configure this web application firewall according to their needs.
Simple Installation – You don’t have to be a sophisticated techie to use 6Scan’s website scanner. The installation is a simple and with just one click, you can secure your website from malware attacks.
Up-to-date Vulnerability Protection – 6Scan has a dedicated research team that specializes in finding undocumented malware and vulnerabilities. Once a new vulnerability is found, the Dual Scan and Auto-Fix features are updated with the new information automatically.
Notification – The scan results can be sent to the user by email or SMS messages. In case vulnerability is found during the scan, details on how to fix it can also be sent to the user by email or SMS messages.
Depending on their needs, there are 3 pricing options for customers to choose from.
• Basic: For US$9.99 per month, basic users can scan their websites, which contain up to 100 pages, daily. Vulnerabilities but not malware can be fixed automatically.
• Professional: For US$29.99 per month, professional users can scan up to 500 webpages hourly. Both website vulnerabilities and malware can be fixed automatically. The web application firewall is also available to professional users.
• Enterprise: For US$49.99 per month, enterprise users can scan unlimited webpages hourly. All features are available to enterprise users.